Facial mists are the secret weapon to achieving dewey and healthy looking skin. I have been using face sprays for quite a while now because I love the way it makes my skin look but more importantly the way it makes me feel. I use Mac’s fix+, Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray, and Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist, just to name a few! I love having a collection of everything so I decided to make my own and I am sharing it with you today!
Here is what you need:
1 Green Tea Bag
1 Empty Spray Bottle
Literally, only those 3 ingredients and voila!
– Cucumber has cleansing agents for oily complexion
– Lemon acts as a natural bleach that helps with scars and redness
– Green Tea has anti-inflammatory properties which will minimize swelling + puffiness
– Cucumber contains Vitamin A which helps with dark spots
– The fresh and energizing scent of cucumber, lemon + green tea is wonderful and such a mood booster!
With the cucumber
– Peel the cucumber so it does not have any skin
– Cut it into small pieces and turn it into juice.
You can either blend it with water, or use a juicer if you have one
I blended the cucumber in my Ninja and added twice the amount of water
With the lemon
– Cut the lemon into slices
– Squeeze as much juice as you can out of the lemon!
[ Really, your just juicing the lemon, LOL ]
With the Green Tea
– Boil water
– Let the bag of tea sit in the water for 5 min
Now it’s time to combine all of the ingredients!
Since I wanted majority of my mist to be cucumber, I chose that first and filled about 3/4 of the bottle. Feel free to portion yours however you would like! After that I added about 3 tablespoons of the green-tea! Lastly, I topped it off with the lemon juice!
A little fun tip
Place your concoction in the fridge afterwards. It is so soothing when it is misted on your face!
Do you use any facial sprays ? — Which are your favorite !?
I’d love to know!