Though September is quickly approaching (ugh!) .. we are still having some serious sun + heat up in the North East! I have been on top of my game protecting my skin this summer. I have MORE than enough sun damage on my face + body than I want at this point so I am making a very conscious effort to stay protected and preserve my skin!
I recently bought a crap load of stuff (that I don’t need) from Sephora. Anything with the word “KIT” in it usually catches my eye because it’s totally the most bang for your buck! Plus, you get to try all of these different products before actually buying them. Everything in this little bag has an SPF of 15 or higher with the majority of them being over 30. — FYI.. I bought this kit in June and by the time I got around to actually testing these products and writing this post, Sephora decided to not sell this exact kit anymore. BUMMER! But, fortunately for you guys, each individual product is available on its own!
So, today I want to share with you what’s inside this little kit and what I LOVED using so far!
HERE’S WHAT’S INSIDE:
COOLA Makeup Setting Spray SPF30
DR. JART+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45
ST. TROPEZ Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion
MD SOLAR SCIENCES Mineral Crème SPF 50
BOSCIA B.B. Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27 PA++
CLARINS UV Plus Anti‐Pollution SPF 50 Sunscreen
FRESH® Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
Supergoop!® Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50
Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
ALGENIST Sublime Defense Anti‐Aging Blurring Moisturizer SPF 30
MURAD® Invisiblur™ Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF30 | PA+++
PETER THOMAS ROTH Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense® Lotion SPF 30
KATE SOMERVILLE Daily Deflector Moisturizer, Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ PA+++
DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen
SHISEIDO Ultimate Sun Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Water Resistant Sunscreen
So what were my top 5 favorite products from the kit ?!!
1. ALGENIST Sublime Defense Anti‐Aging Blurring Moisturizer – This was definitely my favorite of the entire kit. What I loved most was how it felt on my skin after applying. It was not oily whatsoever (which can be annoying outside in the heat) and there was next to none on the residue scale. I really feel like it soaked right into my skin!
2. DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum – I have olive skin that gets extremely dark in the summer. I also have acne scarring on my chin that gets very dark when I tan. I loved using this on those dark spots to keep them from getting darker while lightening them at the same time!
3. ST. TROPEZ Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion – So, this definitely isn’t your typical self tanner. It’s not going to make you crazy tan after one application. But, it’s great for right after a day of sun. You know that feeling after a shower after being in the sun all day and all of a sudden you’re 20x darker than you thought you were? Well, this just enhances that and gives it a super nice glow. I thought it was great and it smells great too! The light version came inside the kit but there is also medium one I am interested in trying.
4. BOSCIA B.B. Cream Broad Spectrum – This is perfect for beach or pool days. If you need some very light coverage, this is perfect for you. I loved it for a low maintenance subtle look which is exactly what a beach day should be! It really eliminated redness, covered my pores and protected my skin from the sun!
5. COOLA Makeup Setting Spray – If you are wearing any makeup at all while in the sun, this makeup spray is KEY! It’s super light weight and has a matte finish which was my favorite! My face gets so greasy in the sun, like, INSTANTLY and this really helped to prevent that. I have already purchased the larger size because I used the entire mini bottle already!
(Trying the Algenist sublime defense — LOVED IT!!!)
So I hope you liked my little poolside talk about products that help protect your skin from the sun. Picking a top 5 was definitely hard! I’m really sorry it took me a while to get this out considering they don’t sell this exact kit any longer but I needed to test them all before I left my honest review!!
Let’s pretend summer just started because I am not ready for August to be over!
What products do you love to use that protects your skin!? I’d love to know!!
Shop the post!